Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Modern Mallard

I drew this for our "Chicken Little: Ace in Action" game. In one of the cinematics, Abby references Modern Mallard magazine and waves a copy of it around. We probably should have handed my rough sketch off to one of our incredibly talented Avalanche painters, but for some reason we didn't, so now my rough, little magazine cover has an appearance in the game. This duck is pretty much a direct rip off of Mulan... at least as far as her attire goes. It's nice working for Disney because you can totally rip off Disney and no one cares.

I decided to post this because I haven't drawn much lately. I went to Disneyland for a few days last week. My brother and I ran into
Tony Robbins in the elevator at our motel. In an elevator with Tony Robbins? Hey, isn't this an exact scene from "Shallow Hal." I even shook his giant hand.

More stuff on the way soon.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool that your "rough sketch" makes an appearance in the Chicken Little game. Goodness....even your "rough sketches" are awesome. Glad you had a good trip and very cool that you were able to run into T. Rob on the elevator.

Unknown said...

did you call him banana hands? That wouldve rocked!FUn piece mr lewis! Love how shes peakin under the umbrella

Tim Bye said...

Looks great Shane! I love your work and the way you apply colour. Top stuff

benjamin trobat -cartoonist- said...

nice work man! benja

Todd Oman said...

You missed your chance to get him to hypnotize you into thinking large women were super hot. Very cool magazine cover.

Unknown said...

Love the design!

Adrian Lubbers said...

Nice piece. How "inspiring" to meet Tony.hahaha
Somebody had to say it!

Unknown said...

first of all ..love your blog!
your libes are som much full of life!
first time to comment here so i had to say that haha!

and while i was reading this i remembered shallow hal instantly and when you said so i was laughing.. so was his head hitting the top of the elevator?!:)

flipstudios said...

Shane, that's sweet that your stuff got in the game. I think it looks great. Man, am I jealous of your Disneyland visits. Laura and I are taking our son to Disneyland in July. I cannot wait. I'm a Disneyland junkie. I get all silly just seeing those Disney vacation commercials. I won't let Laura change the channel. All that pixie dust ... anyhow, great as always. Cheers,

Andrew

sarah said...

Cute! You know I didn't even think of Mulan until you mentioned it. Funny though about being allowed to make all the Disney references you like :)

Kellie said...

Love your site, your stuff is ulta appealing. I'm a big fan of yours. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it made my day.

Kevin Keele said...

I've always enjoyed that magazine cover in the game cinematic and wished I could get a better look at it. I didn't know you did it, nice job!

Ken Chandler said...

I could easily see this being a cover of a teen magazine for ducks. Seriously. (Qualifier: If teen ducks had magazines.) Beautiful work Shane.

KEVSU said...

My brother listens to Tony Robbins. I also sometimes go to Baskin Robbins and I get the bubble gum ice cream. I suck the color and sugar off the balls until they're white and spit them out in a napkin. Later, I revisit the napkin full of gumballs and enjoy each and every pre-sucked gumball.