Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Racing is for Sissies

This is my recent Toon Club drawing for "The Wild West." I'm hoping someone picks "The Tortoise and the Hare" soon so I can re-post this and use the time I save for important things like killing snakes. Which reminds me... the death toll has increased to three.

It has been brought to my attention that the hare's gun is considerably flawed. To begin with, there are no bullets in his 4-shooter. I think the larger hurdle he faces is his gun's "no trigger" feature. I don't have a lot of experience with guns in my life. I figure my drawing resembles a gun more than the thing I used to use to shoot ducks on Nintendo. Hey, I'm a storyboarder... go to the design people if you want precision. I offer poorly executed sketches of mildly entertaining ideas... nothing more.

4 comments:

Adrian Ropp said...

All technical gun issues aside, the picture works, and works well. The staging is wonderful, and, as always, really appealling characters and concept! You're a pro, sir.

Jed Henry said...

hah! the turtle's look is priceless. it looks like he's gonna pee his shell.

Adrian's right. The staging is perfect. really sells the shot.

I'm also glad to hear you're putting such a significant dent in the world's snake population.

Ken Chandler said...

Shane, I was more concerned with the accuracy of the turtle, and as far as I'm concerned, you've nailed him. I am a bit disappointed that there isn't a snake nailed to the door of the saloon or something in homage to all the snakes you've killed lately. As a warning if nothing else. Perfect execution!

Joe Fowler said...

Shane, if you had a flaw, a single one, you would still be a lucky bastard...

Unfortunatly for the rest of us, you don't even have one.

Who rules? That's right, Shane.

Learn it.