Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Warthawk

Two days after drawing the Sealbearpig I found out that the new Toon Club topic was Crazy Crossbreeds. I didn't want to re-use something I'd already drawn for my Toon Club post, so I set out to develop something "new." I wanted it to be ugly. So what's ugly? Warthogs. Is there an animal name that sounds like "hog?" Hawk. That was the extent of my creative process. What a marvelous insight!

I have to mow the lawn again today. It's too bad the warthawk doesn't exist yet... I bet snakes would be in trouble if these things roamed the skies. Of course, I'd be in trouble too. In a world with warthawks, everything's in danger.

I just can't seem to get away from the flying pigs.

3 comments:

Blogerts said...

Your art teacher in college thought you'd be a good artist when pigs fly? Not only are they flying now, but they're scary, with big talons and teeth. Oooh, the scary teeth. Cool drawing. As more pigs fly the better the artist you become. So are these warthawks the size of a warthog, or are they smaller so they can fly. Please tell me they're smaller.

Audrey said...

Watch out wolf, here comes the big bad piggy. This is too fun! I really like how you went for more detail. Really great!

DOUBLE CHECK said...

Funny!