Thursday, November 15, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is just one week away, making the coming week the most dangerous week of the year for turkeys... unless you're a Canadian turkey, in which case the most dangerous week of the year has already passed, and this is your sixth week of mourning. But if you're an American turkey, look out. Most of you are doomed.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't eat turkey if turkeys were cute or if they tasted bad, but ugly and delicious? There's nothing safe about that combination. There's lots of stuff to be thankful for on Thanksgiving... family, health, paid vacation days, football, Christmas, etc. But mostly I'm thankful I'm not a turkey.

9 comments:

Itworksforbobbi said...

LOL!!! I was laughing the second I saw your drawing. Then I read your comments! Sooooo true - being an ugly bird is just asking for it!

Lindy Rae said...

Poor turkey! A little bit of good news though - I like ham better, and so do you. Despite that though, we are having both at Thanksgiving - sorry turkey.

Anonymous said...

the look on his face...killing me..well, not killing ME per ce. Beddy funny tho, joo beddy, beddy funny.
I hope my stupid accent language is not offensive to any little chihuahua's out there...

flaviano said...

mountain lion was simply great concept!
great expression attitude and inspiration on this place.

Ken said...

I feel so ignorant, but what exactly is thanksgiving all about? I have a vague idea but im not 100% sure....

oh and great piece!!!

The Jorgensen's said...

Ugly birds make for the best Holiday ever! And leftover sandwiches the next day.

TR said...

And I'm thankful that you played McNabb this week in your fantasy league. Thanks to that decision, I picked up my 3rd win of the year! Truly, I have much to be thankful for.

Todd Oman said...

Very funny.

Buckley said...

I am surprised that the waiter isn't sneaking up behind him. Very funny, and very cute.