Thursday, July 19, 2007

Garn Reunion

I drew this several months ago for some reunion t-shirts. The Garns have giant heads, so the weather-balloon-headed octopus was an easy choice. Because what fun is a family reunion if you're not wearing matching t-shirts that draw further attention to your family's genetically shared abnormalities?

Genetically I am a grab bag of all that is undesirable from both sides of my family tree. I got the enormous head from the Garns, and from the Lewis side I got the excessive amounts of "sweaty" and "hairy," as well as the crooked nose. When I wear glasses I look a little bit insane or like I was just in a fight because glasses won't sit horizontally across my face... on my giant head. Hooray for genetics.

7 comments:

L. D. Torres said...

YES!!! I'm the first comment...er. I love his dull-witted expression as if he has no idea what word he’s holding up. The mini hotdog-on-a-stick hat was a nice touch. I’m sure this poor sap is in much worse shape than you are when it comes to glasses, the poor earless freak. Great job!

Unknown said...

Hahahahah These things will now stand out when I visit... so I hope you dont mind me eyeballin you and snickerin heheh

always good times here! Tanks Shane

Joe said...

Sweaty and hairy could both be my nickname but no one has ever called me Lewis. I wouldn't mind a shirt though.

Anonymous said...

ROFL. Good thing you've got enough personality and humor to make up for all of this! ;-) ;-) LOL! Love the Octopus!

Tracy H said...

LOL! At first I was wondering if hey was holding up a sign that was meant to spell something else and mixed up the words. Ooops.

Happy reunion! Don't overdose on the jello salads :)

Karalenn Hippen said...

I thought the same thing. I kept re-arranging the letters to see what he was really suppose to spell. Then I realized that "narg", "rang", or "gran" didn't make any more sense. I completely disagree about all the bad genetics. How else could you have caught that cute Lindy-lady. Well maybe you put her in a sweaty, hairy head-lock, but I don't think so. :)

Adrian Ropp said...

I thought I commented on this already. It's incredibly fantastic... Your detailed posts are great, but I love when you do something simple like this that has so much appeal... You prove time and time again that good design needn't be complex.

I think that was a compliment. It was meant to be. I'm an idiot.