Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Dinner

I've never tasted rabbit before, but thanks to years of cartoon-watching, and based on the opinions of Wile E. Coyote, Brer Fox, and whoever ended up eating Roger Rabbit, I have plenty of reason to believe that, of all the animals that talk, walk around on their hind legs, and occasionally wear clothes, rabbits are probably the most delicious.

If you find this picture upsetting, allow me to share a few facts that may offer you some much-needed peace of mind. First of all, this is a drawing, so no one's really going to be eaten... unless I draw someone being eaten... which I probably will. Second, the Easter Bunny probably has some kind of magic wand that allows him to leave eggs and candy all over everyone's houses in a single night, and he could easily use that wand to light a fox on fire if he felt his life was threatened. And third, the Easter Bunny is already dead.

If you're still feeling uneasy, consider one other thing. The peace you were experiencing before seeing this picture was only a pretended peace... the result of your own misguided ignorance. Foxes eat rabbits every day. I'm sure it's happening somewhere right now. The circle of life is spinning out of control just beyond your door at this very moment whether you like it or not, so just be glad that I didn't draw baby chicks in that frying pan like I had originally planned to.

Happy Easter, everybody!

11 comments:

Ewgene said...

Sad but true!
And very nice drawing, as always!

Lyra said...

Aww, I call that an Easter painting!

But, seriously, you never eat rabbit meat in the US? Because it is quite common meat here - rabbit with cream sauce or "black rabbit". It is tasty and healthy meat (not too much fat).

Nathan Lindsay said...

I wasn't sad until I found out that I almost got to see baby chicks in the frying pan.

DannyKemp said...

Great blog Shane.

Seth Hippen said...

I agree with Nathan, I would like to see some baby chicks in that frying pan since that's what I always make my family for Easter breakfast!

Karalenn Hippen said...

haha. That was really my comment. I always do that to poor Seth. At least I didn't write anything too girly. He hates that even more.

Heather Dixon said...

I love that the eggs he's cracking are Easter eggs

Aaron Ludwig said...

You should teach biology or something.
Awesome draw-ring, by the way.

wookrage said...

One of my favorites!

Ian Summers said...

Love it! You've got some serious skills.

Anonymous said...

One of the funniest blog posts on the planet.